Cajun spices are mixed with chicken, veggies, pasta and a creamy sauce in this comforting casserole.
Happy Friday Everyone! Do you have any special plans for the weekend? Since there is more crazy weather ahead I plan to stay inside. I will be busy in the kitchen mixing up some tasty recipes. On the menu is a Chorizo & Cheese Dip, something with beef tips, and a strawberry salad for sure and I might take a stab at some made from scratch rolls. Wish me luck!
From what I can tell anything with pasta and any type of dessert gets really high views on my Facebook page. Go figure, my two favorite meals seems to be everyone else’s favorites as well. I will try and share more recipes under these categories but I may need to find people willing to help me eat the food so I don’t gain too much weight!
I used Farfalle pasta in this dish but feel free to use any small shaped pasta. For this recipe you saute the chicken and vegetables, then add in 2 different kinds of soup along with some milk to make up the sauce. Add in the spices, stir in the cheese and the casserole is ready to bake and enjoy!
- 1 – 12 ounce package pasta (bow tie, penne, rotini)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- ½ can (10 ¾ oz.) French onion soup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- Saute chicken in 1 tbsp. oil in a Dutch oven until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Saute onions and peppers in the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same pan until tender. Add the chicken, chicken soup, French onion soup, milk, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Drain pasta. Add to the soup mixture; toss to coat. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the last of the cheddar cheese on top. Cover and bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Comments are loved and appreciated