Game Day Food recipe for today is Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches. I know this recipe might seem a bit plain or simple, but let me tell you, this will be the tastiest ham & cheese sandwich you have ever eaten!
You mix together some tasty honey and mustard for the sauce on the sandwiches.
You add the sauce to each side of the bun, then add some cheese and a good portion of ham.
Add some more cheese and slap both sides together.
Place the sandwiches in the baking dish and cover with foil.
Put them in the oven and a short while later you have the perfect Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwich!
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
- 12 small or 6 large Kaiser rolls
- 1 lb. sliced honey baked ham
- 12 slices medium cheddar cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the honey and mustard and set aside.
- Line a baking pan with foil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan and to be able to cover the top once the sandwiches are together.
- Cut open the buns and spoon some of the honey mustard sauce on each side of the bun. Add a half slice of cheese, then add ham to the sandwich and put the two sides together.
- Place the sandwiches in the foil lined pan and cover the tops of the sandwiches with the foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese, then another slice of cheese has melted.
I really like cheddar cheese with my ham sandwiches but feel free to use any type of cheese you like.