All the flavors of Chicken Parmesan are found in this comforting Chicken Parmesan Casserole that is filled with chicken, pasta, marinara and three kinds of cheese.
I love Chicken Parmesan but it is time consuming to make. To get all the flavors of Chicken Parmesan I came up with Chicken Parmesan Casserole. Onions, peppers, chicken and spices are sauteed and added to marinara sauce and pasta. The pasta mix is then layered with ricotta and mozzarella cheese. This casserole is then topped with parmesan cheese and is baked until golden brown.
The casserole comes together in a jiffy and will be well liked by everyone who eats it! Serve with a green salad for a quick week night meal. Having Chicken Parmesan Casserole as a left over in my opinion is even better than straight out of the oven.
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked to package directions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 large jar marinara
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add the pepper and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Set the peppers and onions aside in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the pan and add in the chicken chunks. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken and add the basil. Saute the chicken for 7-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the peppers and onions back into the pan with the chicken. Pour in the marinara sauce and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the pan. Dollop the ricotta cheese over the pasta mixture. Spread 1 cup mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. Add the rest of the pasta mixture and add the last cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. Lastly, sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the pasta mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
Comments are loved and appreciated