This recipe for Herb Meatballs is easy to prepare and is packed full of flavor with tasty spices and parmesan cheese.
I like the versatility of the Herb Meatballs. I use them as an appetizer with Honey Balsamic BBQ Sauce, perfect for a family gathering or pot luck.
A quick weeknight meal would be meatballs subs, heat the meatballs in pizza sauce and add some meatballs to a bun, top it with cheese and you have a delicious sub.
Of course, use the Herb Meatballs for Spaghetti & Meatballs or Baked Ziti. Lastly, I like to use these on a pizza, Meatball Pizza is one of my favorites.
You can form the meatballs into two sizes, either a 1 tablespoon or 2 tablespoon cookie scoop. You can easily double or triple this recipe. You can also freeze them for up to three months baked or unbaked. I prefer to bake mine before I freeze them.
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix on low speed until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- I make the meatballs in two different sizes depending on what I am going to use them for. I like to use a cookie scoop to make them all even in size and I use a 1 tbsp. or a 2 tbsp. scoop. Grab mixture and form into a ball, add it to the baking sheet. Continue making meatballs out of the rest of the mixture and add them to the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for approximately 15 minutes for the small meatballs and 20-22 minutes for the large.
Small size yield about 30 meatballs, Large size yield about 15 meatballs.
Comments are loved and appreciated
I make mine the same except I use finely chopped fresh onion and minced fresh garlic and I also add fresh finely chopped green peppers.
I like the idea of adding green pepper, thanks for the suggestion and the comment.
Dina @ Kitchen Dreaming says
Stopped in tonight, this look awesome, saw your link on Tip Me Tuesday. Have a great rest of the week
These look amazing. I love food that is so versatile. I would love if you would link up to my “The Yuck Stops Here” link party. It is full of great recipes like yours and we would love to have you!
Thanks, Teri @ The Freshman Cook
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Great meatball recipe. I love that is so versatile! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
You’ve got me craving a meatball sub right now. I love meatballs, these look so yummy. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!
Thank you for sharing your recipe at Meal Planning Monday Recipe Link-Up. These meatballs look wonderful! I hope you join us again this week! 🙂 http://www.aprilshomemaking.com/2014/04/meal-planning-monday-recipe-link-up-6.html
Mmmmm, these look delicious! Pinning these!
Thanks for linking up at Wordy Wednesday! 🙂
[…] I love this sauce on my recipe for Herb Meatballs. […]
[…] recipe for Herb Meatballs can be used in so many of my recipes, but by far my favorite way to use them is in Spaghetti & […]