1 Pan Meal Cheeseburger Macaroni is a quick dinner option made in one pan and is packed full of pasta, beef and cheese.
What can I say about this recipe for One Pan Cheeseburger Macaroni? Super easy, super delicious, super cheesy…..are you seeing a trend here? It’s a super recipe! This is a recipe that will be liked by kids and adults, both will be asking for seconds.
If you are familiar with Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, my recipe for One Pan Cheeseburger Macaroni is similar to this but much better for you. There is a lot less salt and no additives in my recipe and I promise, my recipe will taste better.
Serve One Pan Cheeseburger Macaroni with a side salad or fruit salad and dinner is complete.
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt, divided
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 2 cups water
- 1 can - 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat. Add onion, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft, stirring often so spices don't burn, about 5-7 minutes. Add the ground chuck and brown lightly, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until there is no more pink in the meat.
- Add the water, 3/4 teaspoon salt and tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to mix. Stir in the pasta and cover, increasing the heat to medium high. Cook the mixture, stirring often and adjusting the heat to maintain a vigorous simmer. Continue to cook until the pasta is tender, about 9-12 minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat and add 1 cup of the cheese mixture. Top the skillet with remaining cheese and rest the mixture off heat a few minutes or until cheese melts.
If you want to cut back on fat and calories, only use 1 cup of cheese in the recipe.
Adapted from Gonna Want Seconds
Comments are loved and appreciated