I am going to give you a reason to go out and buy Peeps and that reason is my recipe for Peeps S’Mores Bars.
These bars have an oatmeal & graham cracker crust, a layer of chocolate/butterscotch chips, Peeps marshmallows and some more oatmeal & graham cracker mixture tossed on top.
Peeps S’Mores Bars start with a mixture of butter, brown sugar and karo syrup (yum) and then you add in oatmeal, flour and graham cracker crumbs. Press this into a baking dish and cover it with chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Now it gets fun, you line up the Peeps in rows, they look like they are standing at attention. Add the last of the oatmeal mixture to the top of the Peeps and bake. You kind of feel bad putting the Peeps in the oven knowing they won’t be coming out the same as when they went in…poor Peeps.
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 & 1/4 cups rolled oats (not instant, not steel cut)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 & 1/4 cup chips, I used semi-chocolate and butterscotch chips
- 15 Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat, until the butter is melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the oats, flour, salt and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press a little more than half of this mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the cooled crust. Top with the Peeps, making 3 rows of 5 Peeps. Cover with the remaining topping/crust mixture. Bake for 20 minutes; the Peeps will look slightly misshapen under the topping.
- Place on a wire cooling rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Adapted from Bake at 350.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Joanne T Ferguson (@mickeydownunder) says
G’day! How cute!
Thanks for sharing at this week’s Foodie Friends Friday Foods We Loved from Childhood Party
Blair Lonergan says
Yes! These look amazing! The crust alone sounds delicious. Perfect for an Easter gathering! Pinned!
Marlys (This and That) says
These are so cute… Coming from Super Saturday Afternoon Tea and also noticed that you linked up to Foodie Friends Friday which I cohost. Pinning this.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above says
These look delicious. So cute.
I stopped by from Weekend Potluck to check out your post for two reasons. First, I am in a dessert challenge and the ingredients are peeps and white chocolate & your recipe seemed like it might be the perfect match, and second, I am hosting an Easter/Passover Recipe Roundup and would love it if you would hop over and share this recipe with us! I would also like to invite you to share your talents on my new link party The Yuck Stops Here. Both the Recipe Roundup and the link party can be found on Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos at http://mommasangelbaby.com. I hope to see you there! HUGS
Dina @ Kitchen Dreaming says
Hi Stopped in From Tip Me Tuesdays, this is a fun recipe and awesome for all the Peeps we have on hand. Have a great day!
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
What a neat and I bet super YUMMY way of using Peeps. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
Natasha In Oz says
Thank you so much for joining in with the Say G’Day Saturday linky party! I’ve just shared this on Google+ and Pinterest.
Hope to see you again this Saturday!
Natasha in Oz
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!
[…] I used white. I adapted this recipe from an awesome blogger Love Food, Will Share and her recipe Peeps S’Mores Bars. I doubled her recipe added the white chocolate so that it would meet the challenge, and beefed […]