Cherry Salsa combines bright red cherries with classic salsa ingredients to become a snack or use as a condiment on chicken or pork.
Cherries are in abundance at the grocery store right now and I do love eating them. I am not a fan of the pits but I am guessing that no one really is. I eat them as a snack or use them in a fruit salad but I thought it would be good to make a salsa with them.
My instincts were right, using the cherries in a salsa was spot on. The cherries were very ripe and juicy but combining them with lime juice, jalapeno, onion, garlic and cilantro made them even more juicy & delicious.
Serve this salsa with your favorite tortilla chip or do as I did and serve it on top of a grilled pork chop or chicken breast. Any way you eat it, you will love it!
- 1 ½ cups cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine. Let rest for 30 minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips or serve with a main dish of grilled pork chops or chicken breasts.