A slow cooker recipe can be a time saver. I assemble the dish before I head out to work in the morning and it’s nice to come home to the kitchen smelling so nice and dinner ready to eat. Thai food has a great aroma. My whole family loves Thai food, so in the last couple of years I have searched out Thai recipes to make at home. It doesn’t quite compare to going out to eat for Thai food, but it does taste good. Most Thai recipes contain coconut milk and a curry paste, both items are readily available at the grocery store.
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. thai curry paste (green or red)
- Zest and Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- Layer the carrots and celery in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the curry paste, lime zest and juice, coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce and shallot. Whisk together and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- At this point, take out the chicken and vegetables and set aside. Add 1 tbsp. corn starch to the sauce and whisk together. Keep whisking until sauce is thickened, add back in the chicken and vegetables and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve on top of rice noodles or rice. Garnish with cilantro.