Crispy and smoked Canadian bacon isn’t the only show stopper in this pizza recipe, the green olives make a great addition on the Canadian Bacon & Green Olive Pizza.
As I stated last week, I am back with another pizza recipe to coincide with my recipe for Pizza Dough. So, if you have some pizza dough left or you haven’t made it yet, here is another opportunity.
My husband, Mr. B loves green olives on his pizza. I know black olives are common on pizzas, but you don’t see green olives too often on a pizza menu. If you’ve never tried green olives, I urge you to try it. It adds a nice salty note and is extremely tasty on my recipe for Canadian Bacon & Green Olive Pizza.
Another thing that makes my Canadian Bacon & Green Olive Pizza extra delicious is the fact that I pan fry the Canadian bacon before adding it to the pizza. It makes a big difference.
- 1 pizza dough, see my recipe for pizza dough
- 2 tsp. Pizza Seasoning, optional
- 1/2 - 1 cup pizza sauce
- 12 - 15 slices of Canadian Bacon
- 1 cup green olives, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub your pizza pan with olive oil. Shape the pizza dough to fit the pizza pan.
- Sprinkle the pizza seasoning over the pizza crust (optional). Spread the pizza sauce on the crust, how much you use depends on how much sauce you like on your pizza.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, pan fry the Canadian Bacon about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Place the Canadian Bacon evenly on the crust.
- Toss the cheese evenly over the pizza. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, depending on how dark you want the top of your pizza to be. I baked mine for 20 minutes.
- Cut the pizza in slices and serve.
You can use a store bought crust if you like, but a home made crust will taste much better.
Comments are loved and appreciated
GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth says
Looks so yummy! And you’re totally right about the green olives on pizza. I’ll have to remember to add them next time I make one 😀
Thanks for sharing.
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Man, this is my kind of pizza. LOVE green olives!! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
Kathi Riemer says
Pizza is my favorite food. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Pinned!
Miz Helen says
This is a fantastic pizza. My husband always wants a pizza with Canadian Bacon, one of his favorites. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Food of The World this month and have a great weekend!
I have never tried green olives on a pizza. I love black olives. I bet it is really good.
All of a sudden I’m hungry! That looks so yummy. I’ve never tried green olives on pizza. I don’t do it often but love making my own crust. What a fun idea!
Amanda @ Serenity Now says
This really looks tasty! I’d love to feature it, but I don’t see a link back to my blog party.
Amanda, I am still learning all the rules of blog parties, I am in the process of making a page of where I party.
For some reason, I cannot get into green olives! I love black olives though and I would totally make this with the black olives! Pinning! 🙂 Thanks for linking up at Wordy Wednesday!
Evelyn @ My Turn for us says
Pinning and Sharing !!
Hugs from Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends!