Italian Beef Sandwiches, what can I say but YUM! So easy and packed full of deliciousness. You take a beef roast and add french onion soup, pepperoncini peppers and liquid and some zesty italian dressing and slow cook it for hours to make Italian Beef Sandwiches.
If you are not a lover of the pepperoncinis (like me), don’t let this stop you from making these Italian Beef Sandwiches. You can discard the peppers once the sandwiches are done.
The juice from the peppers make the sandwiches very juicy and give it a nice punch of flavor.
- 14.5 ounce can french onion soup
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat and cut into large hunks
- 1 envelope dry Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 ounce jar pepperoncini peppers and half of the juice
- Pour the soup in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place chuck roast top of the soup and pour the salad dressing mix over the meat. Pour half the juice of the pepperoncini's over the meat. Add half of the jar of pepperoncini's to the mix. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Take the meat out and shred it with two forks. Add the meat back into the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, until it's heated through.
- Slice the buns and stuff them with the meat & pepper mixture. Enjoy!
You can use beef broth in place of the french onion soup. You can add cheese to the top of the sandwiches if you like.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Comments are loved and appreciated