Hey, Hey, Hey,
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I spent time with my husband, Mr. B and my three girls, Hailey, Kiley and Mackenzie.
We went to my sister’s home for Easter Dinner. Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Corn, Rolls, a couple of salads and dessert was on the menu and it tasted fabulous. I come from a large family and everyone contributes to the meal in some way. We always have too much food, most times we have too many desserts. It’s not unusual to have 4-6 desserts to choose from at one of our gatherings. This year the menu for desserts was pretty tame, Chocolate and Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes, both were well liked.
Now, on to today’s recipe, Pizza Fondue. I am not quite sure why it’s called fondue, but it is a fabulous appetizer. This would be perfect for a get together or pot luck, it makes a lot and can be kept warm in a slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes, remove from pan and set aside. Add the ground chuck and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking combine the pizza sauce and cornstarch. Add the onions and sauce mixture to the pan after the meat is browned and reduce the heat to medium. When mixture is thickened and starts to bubble, add the cheese 1 cup at a time, making sure to combine well after each addition.
- Add the fondue to a slow cooker and serve with bread sticks or a baguette cut into large chunks.
Comments are loved and appreciated
These look delicious! I’d love for you to share it at my Tasty Tuesday recipe link u p here!
looks like a tasty treat
come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
This sounds good – reminds me of a queso dip that I make in the crock pot. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Oh man my hubby and son would go nuts for this fondue! Thanks again for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.