Pesto Pepper Pizza is a vegetarian pizza that utilizes pesto in place of pizza sauce to give it an extra zing and is topped off with sweet peppers and mozzarella cheese.
Here is another recipe using home made pesto, (click here to be directed to my recipes for Pesto 3 Ways). For the Pesto Pepper Pizza I used Celery Pesto as the sauce. I topped it with strips of sweet red bell pepper and freshly grated mozzarella cheese. Bake until golden brown and you have a tasty pizza that you can’t put down!
Try my recipe for Pizza Dough for the Pesto Pepper Pizza or a store bought dough would work also. If you make my Pizza Dough, consider making my recipe for Canadian Bacon & Green Olive Pizza or my recipe for Four Cheese Pizza.
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the pizza dough on a greased pizza pan.
- Bake the pizza dough for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the pesto on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the crust. Place the pepper strips evenly over the crust. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Cut and serve.