Crock Pot Spiced Mixed Nuts are a sweet and salty snack made in a crock pot and are perfect to have on hand for a kid’s snack, your weekday lunch or for a party.
Crock Pot Spiced Mixed Nuts use some very aromatic spices; cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add in cayenne if you like to add a little heat to the mix. The sweet in the mix comes from pure maple syrup and the salty comes from sea salt. To finish off this tasty treat, butter is added in to the mix!
Enjoy this tasty treat, I promise you won’t be able to stop eating this delicious snack.
- 2 cups pecans, unsalted
- 2 cups almonds, unsalted
- 2 cups cashews, unsalted
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted plus more for crock pot
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Very lightly grease the bottom and sides of a crock pot with butter. Set the temperature to high. Place the nuts into the prepared crock pot.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cayenne pepper and sea salt, which together.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts. Use a rubber spatula to thoroughly combine, making sure the nuts are well coated and are evenly distributed across the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Then stir the nuts well and reduce the temperature to low. Cover and continue to cook on low for 1 1/2 more hours, making sure to stir the nuts every 30 minutes.
- After cooking time is completed, stir the nuts well. Then, carefully spread the nuts out onto parchment-lined baking sheets to cool.
- Allow the spiced nuts to cool completely. Then, place them into airtight containers.
- Nuts will remain fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week, or store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Adapted from Kitchen Aid.