Cheesy Broccoli Potato is packed full of nutrients, broccoli & cheese and can be eaten as a main course or a side dish.
I am a huge fan of broccoli cheese soup, but in the summer I don’t always like to eat hot soup. Cheesy Broccoli Potato is a close 2nd to broccoli cheese soup. You have the creaminess of the potato, topped with butter, broccoli and cheddar cheese. Put it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly and it’s ready to eat.
When I bake potatoes I like to do a bunch at a time. Aside from eating the baked potato like in this recipe, I also like them for my lunch, to make American Fries or twice baked potato or use them a baked potato soup.
- 2 cups broccoli, in small pieces
- 2 Russet potatoes, baked & hot
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of cheese
- Place the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tbsp. of water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Check the broccoli, if it's bright green it is done, otherwise put it back in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take your potatoes and cut in half the long way. Spread 1 tbsp. of butter on each potato.
- Spoon half of the broccoli on one of the potatoes and repeat with the second.
- Top each potato with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Microwave each potatoes for approx. 2 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. The time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.
Comments are loved and appreciated