If you are looking for a simple dessert recipe to make for your Valentine then this is the recipe for you! Red Velvet is extremely popular right now, are you familiar with it? Red Velvet is basically a chocolate based cake mix with red food coloring added in.
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and one of those is the frosting for on top of the cookie.
It’s amazing how soft & chewy these cookies are.
It’s hard to each just one, luckily this recipe makes a large amount of cookies.
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 – 15.25 ounce box red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 – 16 ounce container frosting (I used vanilla)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a mixer, combine the cake mix and butter, add in the eggs, one at a time until each is combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or 2 teaspoons to form the cookies, place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffy. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely, then frost.
Comments are loved and appreciated
These look amazing! I am definitely adding them to my treat list for the week! Thank you for sharing them with us at our Round-Up!
Miz Helen says
We will just love your Red Velvet Cookies, they look delicious. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
Come Back Soon!
Jann Olson says
What a great and easy recipe. Perfect little treat for Valentines Day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
These are so simple! I can’t wait to try this recipe and bring a batch to work, that ought to cheer them up! Thank you for linking @ Doggone Dirty Craftin!
Nicolette Springer says
Simple yet looks impressive. My favorite kind of recipe 😉 Thanks for joining the Mixer last week. Hope to see you again tomorrow.