Skinny Gorgonzola Pasta is rich in flavor and not in calories and has the addition of roasted corn and tomatoes to make a mouth watering dish.
This recipe starts with roasting corn and grape tomatoes which gives them both a sweeter flavor. I guarantee you will love the flavor of both in this recipe.
Gorgonzola cheese is an Italian Blue Cheese, buttery in texture and has a strong pungent flavor. I recommend using a good quality gorgonzola cheese for this recipe, it will make a difference.
The gorgonzola sauce starts with an olive oil, garlic and flour mixture which chicken broth is added to. Using olive oil and chicken broth reduces the calories in this recipe. Add in the gorgonzola cheese to the sauce and you are ready to serve this with pasta and top it with the corn and tomatoes.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for roasting
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used skim)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add foil to two baking sheets. Toss the tomatoes on one of the baking sheets and sprinkle with oil, toss to coat the tomatoes. Lightly salt & pepper the tomatoes. Spray the second baking dish with cooking spray and add the thawed corn. Pat the corn with paper towel to soak up some of the moisture. Lightly salt & pepper the corn. Roast the tomatoes and corn for 15 minutes. The tomatoes may take a couple extra minutes, the skins should be wrinkled when done.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Sprinkle with flour, and whisk to combine. Saute for an additional minute to cook the flour, whisking occasionally.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for a couple of minutes or until sauce has thickened, then whisk in the Gorgonzola cheese until melted. Add in the spices and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to low until pasta is finished cooking.
- Drain pasta and return it to the pan and add 1 ½ cups of the corn. Pour the gorgonzola sauce over the pasta and corn and toss to combine.
- To serve, add the pasta mixture to a bowl and top it off with the roasted tomatoes and the rest of the corn. Add more gorgonzola on the top if you would like.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Love the step by step photos! Looks delicious 🙂
Thanks for sharing at “Share Your Stuff Tuesdays”
This looks delicious! I love Gorgonzola cheese!
[…] fresh & healthy vegetarian recipes shared this week that sounded absolutely delicious! This Skinny Gorgonzola Pasta from Love Food, Will Share is definitely right up my alley. I love that it calls for fresh roasted […]