When I came across this recipe, I knew I would need to make it, as I have a love of Caeser Salads and I was looking for a way to incorporate the ever popular pretzel buns into a recipe. This is a fast and simple recipe that packs a lot of flavor. Serve with a fresh fruit salad and you have a refreshing lunch or buy the small pretzel buns and they would be great for a pot luck get together. If you are in a hurry, you can always use store bought Caeser Dressing. Fresh parmesan cheese is really key in this recipe.
- 1 loaf French bread, or 6 small loaves
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- If using large French bread, cut into 6 sections. Hollow out the inside and discard any extra bread. Toast the hollowed out bread until light brown.
- In bowl, combine the lettuce, cheese, and chicken.
- In small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Toss with the chicken mixture; stuff into each hollow toasted bread section. Serve.
- Tip: The Caesar dressing may be used on a salad.
This recipe was adapted from The Daily Meal
Comments are loved and appreciated