Hoisin Noodles with Vegetables is a meat free entree but it’s packed full of deliciousness! Hoisin is an Asian BBQ sauce and it’s used in the sauce for this dish along with other fresh ingredients including lime juice, ginger and garlic.
The vegetables I used in Hoisin Noodles with Vegetables are broccoli, carrots, cabbage and green onions, they work well with the noodles and peanuts in this recipe. I like the addition of the peanuts, add a nice crunch to this dish.
I could eat dishes like this almost every night of the week. Stir Fry’s rank high on my list of my favorite meals. You could easily add chicken, pork or shrimp to this recipe.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- Cabbage, shredded
- Carrots, shredded
- Green onions, diced
- Broccoli, chopped
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- For the sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, honey, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, hoisin and peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, add the cabbage, carrots, green onions and broccoli and sauté for 5 minutes. Add half of the sauce. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add them back to the pan. Add the other half of the sauce and use a tongs to combine. Add the vegetable mixture to the pan, combine. Serve and top with peanuts.