Roasted Beets give a deep flavor and the fresh, ripe peaches add the perfect sweetness to this salad that is topped with walnuts and goat cheese. A homemade vinaigrette tops this Roasted Beet & Peach Salad and turns this salad into a show stopper.
If you have never tried roasting beets now is your chance. Roasted beets give beets a whole new meaning, one you will love. The only way I recall eating beats was cooked until soft and topped with a sprinkle of salt. They were OK at best. Roast the beets and you will have a whole new appreciation for the vegetable, I guarantee it.
For some reason, peaches and beets are a classic combination for a salad. Add to that mixed greens, onions, croutons, walnuts and goat cheese and you have the perfect Roasted Beet & Peach Salad. The vinaigrette brings adds a bit more sweetness to the salad.
I love fruit on a salad, do you? Right now peaches are in season so it was the perfect time to come up with a salad with fresh peaches. I am on a goat cheese kick right now, I eat it on every salad I make, I just can’t seem to get enough of it! If you have a recipe that utilizes goat cheese, please share!
- 3-6 beets, peeled & sliced thin, about 2 cups
- 1 large peach, pitted and sliced thin
- Lettuce or Mixed Greens
- Green Onions
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped & roasted
- 1/3 – ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- To roast the beets: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lay the sliced beets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until soft. Remove from the oven and let the beets come to room temperature.
- To roast the walnuts: Add the walnuts to a baking dish and put them in the oven with the beets. Roast for 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t start to burn.
- While the beets are roasting, mix the dressing. Add the vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, salt & pepper to a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- For the salad: Add the lettuce/mixed greens, peaches and beets to a bowl. Mix to combine. Place the mixture on a plate. Add walnuts and goat cheese. Drizzle with the dressing.
Adapted from the Roasted Root.