I have a love of pasta, maybe it’s more of an obsession, depends on what day of the week it is. This pasta dish is just pure heaven, the heavy cream just brings all the flavors together but you still taste the freshness of the tomatoes with the great seasoning of the sausage. Enjoy!
Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups diced roma or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Note: If the sauce is a little thin, add 2 – 3 tbsp. tomato paste.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Cindy ~Hun... What's for Dinner? says
What a deliciously simple pasta. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
This looks amazing!
Thanks so much for linking up to the TWIRL AND TAKE A BOW link Party!
Thanks for hosting the party!