Cookie Dough Brownies starts with a fudge brownie and then is topped with a cookie dough layer and to make them even better, another layer of chocolate.
As promised in my post for Chocolate Chip Brownies, here is the recipe for Cookie Dough Brownies. This is the perfect recipe to dress up a brownie, not that a brownie needs to be dressed up, but once in awhile it’s nice to have a more decadent brownie, and this is it. I have made these multiple times for bake sales and they are always a hit. So, the next time you make brownies, take the extra few minutes and make this recipe, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 batch of Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. shortening
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl add the butter, brown sugar and sugar; mix to combine. Add in the milk, vanilla and flour; mix to combine. Spread this mixture on top of the pan of brownies.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the shortening and chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir to combine. If not completely melted, microwave for an additional 15 to 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the cookie dough layer. Place the pan in the fridge until chocolate layer has set.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Marwa Farouq says
I really love this idea! Cookie dough and brownie is like heaven on earth!! Wow, my family would finish this up in minutes! Thanks for the creative idea!
Vintage Mama says
Hi Kay – what a delightful combination! Thanks so much for sharing with the Inspire Me Monday blog hop at Create with Joy. I hope we can connect again next week . . . . please stop by and visit me at mamas*little*treasures when you have a minute. Lots of free craft tutorials posted in you are interested ;o) Nina @ mamas*little*treasures
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says
These look heavenly! Thanks for sharing with my Small Victories Sunday linky. I’ve pinned it to my linky board and on my blog Facebook page. Hope you link up 3 more posts again next week, I love to try new recipes!
YUM! I love brownies and these look de-lish. I’m pinning to try later.
Thank you for sharing this at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206.
~ Megin of VMG206
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
They look really fudgy and decadent. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sundays, share with us again this weekend!
Chocolate, brownies, and cookies? Sweet!