I will be featuring some Game Day Food this week in honor of the Super Bowl coming up this Sunday. This Loaded Baked Potato Dip is loaded (pardon the pun) with lots of great flavors; sour cream, cheese, onion and bacon. What’s not to love, right?
Loaded Baked Potato Dip is best made ahead of time because the taste gets better the longer it sits. The obvious choice to serve this dip with is potato chips, but we all know chips are high in fat. I also serve this dip with carrots, celery or even tortilla chips.
You can easily use low fat or fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheese if you want to cut back on the fat content. And of course, when you are done frying your bacon place it on paper towel and blot off the fat. One tidbit, these steps will help cut back in fat and calorie content.
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chives, diced or 6 green onions, sliced
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste (optional)
- Mix everything and enjoy scooping with potato chips.
This dip is even better when made a day ahead to give the flavors a chance to come out.
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking