Beef Basil Stir Fry is a speedy recipe that you will have on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I like the combination of beef and basil in this recipe, they work well together. Normally you use fresh basil in Italian dishes, but adding basil to stir fry recipes is another great use for the herb.
The vegetables in this stir fry are onion, sweet pepper, snow peas and the surprise vegetable is kohlrabi. If you have never tried kohlrabi, I urge you to try it, it has a peppery flavor to it and adds a nice crunch to the stir fry. The sauce is made up of sweet chili sauce and soy sauce and if you like a little heat add some sriracha.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. New York Strip Steak, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 small or 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- ½ cup sliced fresh basil plus more for garnish
- ¼ cups Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Rice, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the strip steak and cook for 4-5 minutes, just until cooked through. Transfer steak to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan and add the onion, pepper and kohlrabi. Saute 3-4 minutes and add the snows peas. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and add the steak back into the pan.
- Mix together the sweet chili sauce and soy sauce, add to the pan and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ½ cup basil. Serve immediately over cooked rice, garnish with basil. Add sriracha if you like.
In place of kohlrabi, feel free to add matchstick carrots or broccoli to the stir fry.
This recipe was featured on:
Comments are loved and appreciated
This looks so delish! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!