Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is packed full of fresh vegetables & chicken and bathed in a rich sauce that is served over a bed of rice.
I know it’s easy to order Chinese, but I need to tell you, it’s easy to make Chinese dishes at home. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
The sauce for the Cashew Chicken Stir Fry has chicken broth, molasses and soy sauce as the base with some spices thrown in for added flavor.
I used onion, pepper, carrots and asparagus for the vegetables. You can easily switch up the vegetables if you’d like. Broccoli, pea pods, zucchini or celery would work as well.
I topped off this dish with salted cashews. My hubby, Mr. B doesn’t care for nuts in his Chinese dishes, so I add them on top to my serving. You can easily add them in with the vegetables if you like.
- For the Sauce:
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- For the Chicken & Vegetables:
- 1 cup cashews, lightly salted
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet peppers, chopped
- 6 - 8 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Add the cornstarch to the chicken broth and whisk to combine. Add in 2 tbsp. olive oil and the rest of the sauce ingredients, whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add in the chicken chunks, lightly salt & pepper and cook until cooked through, approx. 7-9 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir to combine. Add in the sauce, bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice. Add cashews to the top.
You can add the cashews to the stir fry when you add the sauce.
Comments are loved and appreciated
I love cashew chicken. Thanks for posting this via The Pin Junkie’s link party.
Mel (@MamaBuzz) says
Mmmm, we love Chinese. Cashew chicken is so good too; this looks delicious. Thank you for sharing on Inspire Me Wednesday. Featuring you in next week’s issue.
Thank You Mel for featuring my recipe next week, that is awesome!
Does anyone know how it would taste if I added water chestnuts? Thanks
Yes, go ahead and add water chestnuts. That would be a great addition to this recipe.
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
I love these kind of dishes especially with the addition of cashews. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again this weekend!
This looks and sounds good. I have not made a stir fry with red wine & molasses before – interesting combination – pinning.
edie gottschall says
I fixed this for dinner tonight, and I have to tell you IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!! Husband says I could fix it again tomorrow night. It looks good, tastes good, and, well, it is just outstanding. Thanks!
I am so glad you and your husband liked the stir fry. Thank You so much for commenting. Kay
[…] shares her experience eating at Serendipity in Las Vegas. The food looks amazing. 8. Make your own Cashew Chicken Stir Fry at home with this recipe from Love Food, Will […]