It’s definitely asparagus and strawberry season in my neck of the woods and oh how I love asparagus and strawberries! Roasted Asparagus Salad with Strawberries marries the two and the end result is a tasty salad that makes your mouth sing.
Roasted Asparagus Salad with Strawberries starts with roasted asparagus and is topped with strawberries, bacon, feta cheese and a home made honey balsamic vinaigrette. Simply delicious.
I served this at a dinner party and there was not one bite left. Rave reviews from everyone. I have put this on my list of recipes to make while we are vacationing in the Outer Banks.
For a quick fix I make Roasted Asparagus, click here for that recipe but I thought it was time to come up with a salad recipe using roasted asparagus.
- 2 dozen asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 – 16 ounce container fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp. honey balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the asparagus out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the olive oil and roll the asparagus around so they are all coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bright green in color.
- While the asparagus are roasting, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- When the asparagus are done roasting add them to a platter and top with the strawberries, bacon and feta cheese.
- To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and garlic powder.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.