Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon are cute little bundles of roasted green beans wrapped in bacon and basted with a tasty sauce.
Green beans are in abundance right now and I wanted to come up with a recipe that would be Dinner Party beautiful. Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon certainly is special enough to serve at a dinner party but are easy enough to make for a week night meal.
I used pepper crusted bacon in this recipe and it really added an additional level of flavor that I loved. I also used smaller green beans so they would roast at the same temperature and time as the bacon.
Serve the Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon along side some grilled chicken breasts, a burger or your favorite steak.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 10-12 slices of bacon, I used black pepper crusted
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Wash and thoroughly dry green beans. Bundle together about 5-8 green beans, this will depend on your size of beans and the amount of beans you get for one pound. Wrap a slice of bacon around the bundle of green beans. Lay the bundle bacon seam side down on the baking sheet to hold it together. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add butter, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk until melted and combined. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over top of each green bean bundle. Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more, just until bacon gets crispy.