Copycat Starbuck’s Bacon & Gouda Sandwich is a toasted bun filled with eggs, crispy bacon and sharp gouda cheese.
My daughter Hailey worked at Starbuck’s for years, so naturally I visited the place often. I normally go for my latte and right now that would be a Triple Shot Venti Non-Fat Cinnamon Dolce Latte…..Yum!
I do enjoy a baked good once in awhile but usually I am there for the coffee drink. I will tell you when Starbuck’s came out with their breakfast sandwiches I tried and loved the Bacon Gouda Sandwich. I knew I would need to recreate this sandwich. Simple ingredients that equal a delicious sandwich.
I found my ciabatta rolls at Sams Cub of all places. And this is one of my money saving tips; buy an item in bulk, the cost will be less and you can do like I do, use half and freeze half for a later use. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Butter for cooking the eggs
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 slices of gouda cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls, toasted
- In a bowl, add the eggs, half & half, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. In the same pan, over medium heat, add a pat of butter. Add a circular mold to the pan. Holding down the mold, pour a 1/4 of the egg batter in the mold. Hold the mold for a few seconds so the batter doesn't sneak out the bottom; remove the mold. Once the egg is set, turn over and add a 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Do this step 3 more times.
- Set the eggs aside. In the same pan, add a pat of butter and place the buns cut side down and toast the buns until lightly browned.
- To assemble the sandwich place the bottom of the bun on a plate. Top with the egg portion, top it with 2 slices of bacon. Add the top of the bun, cut in half and it's ready to eat!