I have combined chicken with cheese tortellini and a creamy sauce with lots of cheese and turned it into Chicken Tortellini Casserole.
This is purely a comfort food that will make you feel good from your head to your toes. And in case the pasta and cheese were not enough to make it a comfort food, I added in some bacon for safe measure. The sauce is a mixture of cream of chicken, cream of mushroom soup, milk and spices.
For the tortellini, you will want to buy tortellini from the dairy section. You can use frozen tortellini, but you will need to cook the pasta before adding it into the recipe.
You may notice that I only put bacon on half of the casserole, I did that on purpose. My hubby, Mr. B brought me home some smoked bacon bits, it had a very strong smoke flavor to it which I don’t care for, so I gave all the bacon to Mr. B!
- 6 slices of bacon cut into bite size pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb., cut into chunks
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1, 10-12 package fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Leave the bacon grease in the pan and add the chicken, cook for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the two cans of cream soup, milk and spices, stir to combine. Add in the chicken, tortellini and chicken, stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the bacon crumbles over the top and then do the same with the cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
Comments are loved and appreciated
I love tortellini and this sounds delish! Thank you so much for linking this up with Mouthwatering Mondays!
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
I just wanna grab a fork and dig right into this! Cheese, bacon and tortellini? Yes Please!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
This looks delicious! Pinning now and hope to eat it for dinner soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Sew Lah Tea Dough
Linda Warren says
There are just days when you feel like pasta and this looks like it would hit the spot. Easy and deliciously cheesy. And I love the bacon addition! Thanks for sharing on Full Plate Thursday.
This looks amazing!! As in, I wish it were in my kitchen right this instant. I will for sure be pinning this for future use. Chicken, tortellini & cheese all together sounds like a homerun to me!
Enter my giveaway going on now.
Mindie Hilton says
This looks like dinner. Sounds great. Have a great weekend. If you have not shared at the Bacon Time linky, please do.
This casserole sounds delicious, I love tortellini!
Great recipe. Thanks for stopping by and sharing at The Wednesday Round-Up!!!
Miz Helen says
What a great Casserole, I love the combination of the Chicken and Cheese Tortellini. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Evelyn @ My Turn for use says
Totally pinning and sharing!!!
Hugs from Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends!!
[…] Chicken Tortellini Casserole […]
[…] of Food – Sunbutter Apple Boats Diabetes Done Right – Ceci Chorizo Love Food Will Share – Chicken Tortellini Casserole Sour Dough Native – Taco Pizza Ole My Pinterventures – Jello Cheesecake Squares Lou Lou […]
[…] Chicken Tortellini Casserole […]
[…] Chicken Tortellini Casserole – http://lovefoodws.wpengine.com/2014/03/17/chicken-tortellini-casserole/ […]