Honey Pound Cake is super dense and super sweet with the taste of honey.
Fresh berries are so in season right now and I thought I would share a pound cake recipe to serve with your fresh berries. I usually make a cream cheese pound cake. I ran across a recipe that uses honey and I thought that would be so delicious with fresh berries.
I am amazed how much the honey flavor comes through in this recipe. I recommend using a local home grown honey, it really will make a difference in this recipe. I used a honey made in Minnesota, AMES. I bought it at the Minneapolis Farmers Market. When ever I visit my daughter, Kiley we always make a stop at the farmers market, it is fabulous!
Here is a tidbit, from spring to fall most areas have a farmers market. I suggest visiting and supporting local farmers. You will get fresh produce and you are buying local. It’s also nice to talk to the farmers and ask for suggestions or find out more about their farm. I firmly believe in buying local, it keeps the local economy thriving.
To find a farmers market in your area, click here
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey, local honey if possible
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (see my photo) and spray with cooking spray.
- In your mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and honey together for 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before adding another egg. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry mixture and mix to incorporate, repeat this step 2 more times.
- Add the batter to your prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. To remove, take a knife and go around the perimeter of the pan to loosen the cake, make sure to go on the outside of the parchment paper. Take hold of the 2 side of the parchment paper with 2 hands and life the cake up and set on a cutting board to finish cooling.
Serve with fresh berries and ice cream. Adapted from White Lights on Wednesday.
Comments are loved and appreciated