Happy Monday Everybody! I hope everyone had a warm and sun-filled weekend. My husband, Mr. B discovered a new bulk food store not too far from where we live so we took a ride this weekend to check it out. He knows the way to my heart!
I picked up many things but the few things that I found that I haven’t seen or are hard to come by are: candy coated mini chocolate chips, ClearJell, reasonably priced gluten-free cookie mixes and frozen gluten-free pizzas.
Today’s recipe, Mexican Spiced Pork Kebabs with Grilled Pineapple Salsa is a mix of a little heat in the kebabs and sweetness from the pineapple. Pork and pineapple are a classic combination and a grilled version certainly was needed for grilling season.
I said good-bye to my in-laws, they are headed back to New Hampshire. It’s always enjoyable having them visit and stay at our home, or as we refer to it when they visit, The Bastian B&B.
Have a great week,
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of one large lime
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lbs. thick cut boneless pork chops cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6-8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Grill the pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes per side. You want some nice grill marks on the pineapple. Cut into a jalpaneo, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, 1 tbsp. olive oil and ¾ tsp. of salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp. olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1 tsp. salt. f Add the pork and toss to combine, making sure all the meat is covered in the mixture. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Thread the pork onto the skewers. Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve the kebabs alongside the pineapple salsa.
Adapted from Real Simple.
Comments are loved and appreciated