Orange Creamsicle Popcorn combines the flavors of a creamsicle, the crunch of popcorn and the gooeyness of a rice krispie treat.
As a kid, I think orange creamsicles were my favorite frozen treat. When I came across this recipe for Orange creamsicle Popcorn, I knew I would need to try it and see how close it comes to an Orange Creamsicle and I can tell you it is spot on!
I love popcorn in general, so adding ingredients to make it sweet in my eyes is genius.
Orange Creamsicle Popcorn
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn kernals
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Pop popcorn and divide evenly between two large bowls and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, half & half, sugar, salt and orange zest. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil mixture one and a half minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix in the orange extract. Pour the marshmallows in the pan and stir until completely blended in.
- Divide warm mixture evenly over two bowls of popcorn and toss with a spatula to coat. Lay to popcorn on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Comments are loved and appreciated