Pad Thai Salad is filled with crunchy greens and vegetables and is topped with a tangy dressing that makes your mouth sing!
The surprise ingredient in this recipe is swiss chard and let me tell you it really makes this salad a winner. Along with the crunch of the swiss chard there is carrots, red cabbage, green onions, radishes and last but not least crunchy cashews.
The dressing is a soy honey vinaigrette with a hint of sriracha, the perfect combination for this salad. It’s best to top the Pad Thai Salad with the dressing and then let it sit for 20-30 minutes so the dressing can saturate the swiss chard.
You could easily add chicken to this recipe and make it a main dish rather than a side dish.
- 1 large bunch swiss chard
- ½ small red cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 4-6 radishes
- 3 green onions, use white & green parts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. water
- Juice from ½ lime
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- Thinly slice the swiss chard, cabbage, carrots, radishes and green onions. Add everything to a large bowl. Chop the cilantro and add to the bowl.
- In a canning jar or bowl add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, honey, water, lime juice, Sriracha and ginger. Shake the jar or whisk the ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and use a tongs to toss the dressing and salad. Dish the salad on plates and sprinkle with some of the cashews.
Adapted from A Couple Cooks.
Comments are loved and appreciated