Pistachio Cupcakes have a fluffy texture, are super moist and are frosted with a sweet Butter Cream Frosting. They remind me of pistachio ice cream, which is a favorite flavor of mine.
The addition of chopped pistachios in the cupcake mix really takes these cupcakes to a 5 Star, although the butter cream frosting does help in the rating.
These make a perfect spring treat, the green color of the cupcake and the bright colored sprinkles really scream spring and would make a fun Easter treat. Choose your favorite sprinkle or colored sugar to top these cupcakes and if you have kids, the perfect time to ask your kids to help decorate the cupcakes.
- 1 box, 16 ½ ounce, white cake mix and the ingredients needed on the box
- 1 box, 3.4 ounce, instant pistachio pudding mix
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Add to the mixer the dry pudding mix and pistachios, mix to combine being careful not to over mix.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill each line ¾ full of batter. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- I decorate the cupcakes with Butter Cream Frosting.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Carrie Groneman says
Stopping by from Mouth Watering Monday party. This is a great idea and I really must give it a try! Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Oh super yummy cupcakes!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper 🙂
oh they look awesome such a great treat
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
I love pistachios, these look great. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again this weekend!