Oreo Stuffed Brownies are made with a home made brownie recipe that is stuffed with Oreo’s and topped with frosting and sprinkles.
These brownies are layers of pure bliss. You bite into the frosting, then comes the soft brownie bite and then you hit the crispness of the chocolate cookie and finally the creaminess of the cookie center. I love it when desserts give you layers of different textures.
The brownie mix in Oreo Stuffed Brownies is very thick so it will take a little bit to spread it in the pan and to cover the layer of Oreo’s. I used a canned frosting that come with the sprinkles but you could easily use the frosting recipe I used in this recipe, Espresso Brownies with White Chocolate Frosting.
This is a great item to make for a bake sale, the chocolate layers and frosting are really appealing and it’s hard to say no to a brownies, especially one with frosting and Oreo’s mixed in.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 15 Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or parchment paper, this is optional. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and sugar. Heat just until boiling, the mixture will be glossy. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla in a mixer until smooth. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture, mix until smooth. Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the greased pan. Place the Oreos in even rows, 3 across and 5 down. Pour the remaining batter over the Oreos and gently spread to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Use your favorite kind of Oreo in this recipe.