This recipe for Herb Meatballs is easy to prepare and is packed full of flavor with tasty spices and parmesan cheese.
I like the versatility of the Herb Meatballs. I use them as an appetizer with Honey Balsamic BBQ Sauce, perfect for a family gathering or pot luck.
A quick weeknight meal would be meatballs subs, heat the meatballs in pizza sauce and add some meatballs to a bun, top it with cheese and you have a delicious sub.
Of course, use the Herb Meatballs for Spaghetti & Meatballs or Baked Ziti. Lastly, I like to use these on a pizza, Meatball Pizza is one of my favorites.
You can form the meatballs into two sizes, either a 1 tablespoon or 2 tablespoon cookie scoop. You can easily double or triple this recipe. You can also freeze them for up to three months baked or unbaked. I prefer to bake mine before I freeze them.
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix on low speed until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- I make the meatballs in two different sizes depending on what I am going to use them for. I like to use a cookie scoop to make them all even in size and I use a 1 tbsp. or a 2 tbsp. scoop. Grab mixture and form into a ball, add it to the baking sheet. Continue making meatballs out of the rest of the mixture and add them to the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for approximately 15 minutes for the small meatballs and 20-22 minutes for the large.
Small size yield about 30 meatballs, Large size yield about 15 meatballs.