Kale is a very potent vegetable, full of vitamins and nutrients. The key to get more of this veggie into your diet if you are not a fan of it, try hiding it in some of your favorite recipes. This slaw salad is the perfect recipe for this. One thing to remember when working with kale is to remove the long stem along the spine of the kale.
Slaw Salad with Kale
- 1- 16 ounce package of broccoli slaw or 16 ounces of broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- 2 kohlrabi, peeled and cut into chopsticks
- 1 pkg. Ramen Noodles, noodles broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup sugar, use 1/4 cup if you want a sweeter dressing
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing
- Place slaw (or broccoli), kale, kohlrabi and noodles in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Ramen seasoning packet, oil, water, sugar and dressing until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad. Mix thoroughly.
- This salad is best when it has time to sit so the flavors come out. I usually add the sunflower seeds and almonds right before it is served so they don't get soggy.