It’s hard to believe January is over, it was a cold month so I am glad it’s over. Now that we are into February that means it’s close to being Valentine’s Day. This week I will be featuring desserts you can make for your Valentine. Today’s featured recipe is Triple Chocolate Cheesecake’s.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake’s have a chocolate crust and two kinds of chocolate in the cheesecake. These are densely delicious!
You blend Oreo cookie’s with butter and press the mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liners.
Then you mix cream cheese with cocoa powder and melted bittersweet chocolate to make the cheesecake portion.
I added Nutella and Raspberry Jelly to the top of the cheesecakes after they were cooled off. The extra toppings really add a depth of flavor.
If you are looking for chocolate overload, this is the recipe for you!
- Oreo Cookies crushed, enough to make 1 ½ cups crushed
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 – 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Nutella, optional
- Raspberry Jelly, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners (I prefer to use foil because the cheesecake is heavy).
- Melt the butter and combine with the crushed Oreo’s. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each of the liners and press the mixture down. Set the pans aside.
- Mix the cream cheese in a mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and vanilla, mix to combine. Add in the cocoa powder and mix to combine. Add in one egg at a time until combined. Add in the melted chocolate and mix to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the liners, enough to fill it up ¾ of the way up. The batter will be thick so will need to even the cheesecake batter in the liner.
- Bake 28-30 minutes, until the cheesecakes have set in the center. Let cool until room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
- I added Nutella and Raspberry Jelly to the top of my cheesecakes, feel free to do so. For the Nutella, warm ½ cup in the microwave for 30-45 seconds with 1 tbsp. of milk. Stir to combine and add a dollop on the cheesecakes. For the Raspberry Jelly, warm for 30-45 seconds in the microwave and add a dollop on the cheesecakes. Let the cheesecake's chill so the topping firms up.
Comments are loved and appreciated
Kay personally made these fantastic cheesecakes for me for a Super Bowl party and they were a big hit. Try them…you will definitely agree!
Thanks for the kind words Joann!
Cathy Compeau says
Thanks for sharing at the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! Following you now on Instagram. Pinning to the party board and can’t wait to see what happiness posts you share next week! Have a terrific week!
Carrie Groneman says
So yummy! THANKS Stopping by as co-host of Homemade link Party.