Buffalo Chex Mix is for the people who like a little kick in their mix!
My husband, Mr. B loves Chex Mix, pretty much anything salty and crunchy. When I asked him if he would like Buffalo Chex Mix his eyes lit up with a big YES! He is a fan of anything with buffalo sauce on it.
Mr. B’s mother, Lorna is the master at the Original Chex Mix. There is no way I could even come close to making it the way she does, so I thought it would be better to come up with a different flavor Chex Mix. Thus, Buffalo Chex Mix was born.
This recipe for Buffalo Chex Mix has the most obvious ingredients of Chex Cereal, pretzels and nuts; the not so obvious ingredient is pita chips. They add another level of crunch to the mix. Baking it at a low temperature for a long period of time gives the sauce a chance to seep into the ingredients.
- 4 Cups Corn Chex
- 3 Cups Rice Ches
- 3 Cups Pretzels
- 2 Cups Seal Salt Pita Chips, I used Keebler
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- ¾ cup hot sauce, I used Frank’s
- 1 ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the Corn Chex, Rice Chex, pretzels, pita chips, cashews and pecans. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the hot sauce and Cajun seasoning. Whisk until butter is melted, then pour over the mix. Stir to combine.
- Top two baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray. Divide the mix evenly between the two baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. When done baking, let the mix set in a cool place for 30 minutes. Store in an air tight container.
This recipe was adapted from Half Baked Harvest
This recipe was featured on:
Comments are loved and appreciated
Yum, that looks tasty. I love snacking and could easily snack on this right now.
Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!