Four Cheese Pizza has an infused garlic oil for the “sauce” and is topped with four cheeses (I’m guessing you already knew that from the recipe title).
Yesterday I posted a recipe for Pizza Dough and as promised I am back with a recipe to top that pizza dough with! I really like the cheese combination on this pizza. Of course there is mozzarella and parmesan, two cheeses I always use on my pizzas and I’ve added cheddar cheese and blue cheese.
If you’ve never tried blue cheese on a pizza, I urge you to try it. My husband, Mr. B and I love blue cheese on pizzas. I will warn you though, you don’t want to use too much blue cheese or it will over power the other cheeses. My recipe calls for 1/2 of cup and that is plenty.
I think you will also like the garlic infused olive oil I use in place of pizza sauce. The garlic really shines through on this pizza and goes well with the strong flavors of the cheese. Of course, you can use pizza sauce if you like, the pizza will be good with either sauce.
- 1 pizza dough
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for the pizza pan
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed with skins removed
- Pizza Seasoning, optional
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush olive oil on a 14” pizza pan and stretch the pizza dough to fit the pan.
- Add the 3 tbsp. of olive oil and garlic cloves to a small saucepan and heat on medium heat, once the oil starts to bubble, turn the heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the garlic and brush the pizza dough with the oil.
- Sprinkle the pizza with pizza seasoning, optional. Sprinkle the mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese on the dough. Crumble the blue cheese over the dough.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown. Mine took 15 minutes, yours may take a few minutes more or less.