Are you looking for a new way to cook with chicken breasts? Try this quick and flavorful recipe, Mozzarella Pesto Chicken.
Chicken breasts are sauteed on top of the stove and to them you add pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella. I used some Kale Pesto that I had in my freezer or you can use store bought. I made this recipe with fresh mozzarella and shredded mozzarella. My husband, Mr. B doesn’t care for fresh mozzarella and I love it, so I decided to use both in this recipe.
The layers of flavor come alive with every bite you take. The saltiness of the pesto and the sweetness of the grape tomatoes are a great combination in this recipe.
You can serve the chicken by itself or serve it on top of buttered noodles. This recipe would also be great with my recipe for Roasted Asparagus.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp. pesto, I used my Kale Pesto or you can use store bought
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Mozzarella, sliced, I used fresh mozzarella and some regular
- If needed, use a mallot and flatten the chicken breasts so they cook faster. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat add the olive oil, place the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned on the one side. Flip the chicken breasts over, they should cook another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- After you have flipped the chicken breasts, spoon and spread the pesto over the four chicken breasts. Add the tomatoes cut side down on top of the pesto. Now you can add the mozzarella, either fresh or shredded. Place a cover on the pan and let the chicken finish cooking and to melt the cheese.
- I served this dish over buttered pasta.