Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce has a sweet and tangy flavor and is sure to impress who ever you serve it too.
It was “back to work day” today both at my day time job and my job being a recipe blogger. The day went quick trying to catch up at the office and picking out a recipe to feature today. It was a bit strange not posting any recipe’s last week while I was in the Outer Banks, but it was nice to have a break. I did a lot of cooking for the family, I will share more on my vacation at a later date.
Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce is a delicious homemade bbq sauce that makes your mouth come alive. You get a sweet flavor from the strawberries and a tangy flavor from the bbq ingredients. I served this sauce on chicken but it would be equally good on pork or meatballs.
First you roast the strawberries to bring out the maximum sweetness of them. Add the strawberries to the bbq ingredients, cook on low and put the sauce in a food processor to produce Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce. Simply delicious!
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled (if they are large cut them in half)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves/jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the strawberries in a single layer on a baking pan lined with foil. Roast the strawberries until the start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ketchup, syrup, jam, vinegar, soy sauce, chili, garlic, ginger, Worcestershire and Dijon mustard, stir to combine. Add the roasted strawberries. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to low and cook for 15 minutes. Mix in the cilantro. Add the sauce to a food processor, blender or use an immersion blender and pulse until combined.
Adapted from Closet Cooking.