Enjoy this savory vegetable salad as a side dish, or as a light & healthy lunch or dinner!
Grilled Vegetable Salad is packed full of your favorite vegetables that are grilled and topped with a delicious vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese.
You may fall in love with salads once again once you try my recipe for Grilled Vegetable Salad. A new twist for a salad; 1. grill the vegetables and 2. don’t include lettuce.
This is a nice summer salad because chances are you have fired up the grill to add your favorite meat and now your side dish can be delicious Grilled Vegetable Salad topped with a home made vinaigrette and blue cheese crumbles.
I receive a vegetable share from a local organic farm every year, so the vegetables I chose for this salad came in my share for the week. By all means, feel free to mix up the vegetables you use in this salad. You could easily use corn, peppers, asparagus, summer squash, fennel, snow peas, etc.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into chunks
- 2 medium sweet onions, quartered, I used Walla Walla
- 1 bunch green beans, halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- Add the vegetables and 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the vegetables to a grill pan and grill on medium high heat for 10 - 12 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- For the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the vegetables are done grilling, add them to a bowl and let rest for 5 minutes. Toss in the blue cheese crumbles. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Adapted from A Family Feast.