What I love most about this recipe for Citrus Broccoli Salad (beside’s the dressing) is all the crunch this salad offers; broccoli, snow peas, radishes and fresh pineapple for starters, then throw in some sunflower seeds and you have a nice crunchy salad with a light & fresh dressing.
Feel free to swap out the veggies or the sunflower seeds in this salad. I wouldn’t hesitate using cashews in place of the sunflower seeds. You could also add in matchstick carrots, celery or kohlrabi in place of the radishes or snow peas.
I like the orange juice in the dressing, really gives the salad a nice punch of citrus and goes well with the vegetables.
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups snow peas, blanched and halved
- 3 large radishes (or 4 medium) sliced
- 2 cups pineapple cut into small chunks
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, snow peas, radishes, pineapple, craisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayo, orange juice, sugar, salt and garlic salt. Pour over broccoli mixture in larger bowl. Stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight. Serve cold.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
Comments are loved and appreciated
janet pesaturo says
Thanks for sharing on Tuesday’s Table. this looks beautiful, pinned for later.
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
What a yummy looking salad. Thats very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Sweet and Savoury Sundays, I’d love you to stop by this weekend and link up!
Tanya @Mom's Small Victories says
Ooh, this salad looks wonderful. I love the idea to put orange juice in the dressing. Thanks for sharing with my Small Victories Sunday linky and I certainly hope you link up 3 more posts with us next week!