It’s Day 3 of The Twelve Days of Christmas and today’s recipe is Reindeer Chow. I love the name of this snack, I think kid’s will get a kick out of it. Pair this treat with a cup of hot chocolate!
This snack is filled with M&M’s, pretzels, Rice Chex, Cheerios and peanuts. On top of all of that is white chocolate and colorful cookie decorations. I truly enjoy pretzels dipped in white chocolate and you can find me making some kind of candy/snack with this combination in my kitchen at Christmas time.
This recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cheerios cereal
- 3 cups peanuts
- 3 cups pretzel pieces
- 2 cups red & green M&Ms
- ½ cup cookie decorations, I used green jimmies with red berries
- 20 ounces white chocolate
- 3½ tablespoons solid coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper; set aside.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the Rice Chex, Cheerios, peanuts, pretzels and M&Ms.
- In a saucepan, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil over low heat until melted, continually stir once it starts to melt.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the dry ingredients and quickly toss together using two large spoons until everything is pretty evenly coated in the white chocolate. Spread the mixture out on the prepared pan and refrigerate until it's set, about 20 minutes. Break up any chunks and store in tins or airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
First, follow these steps,
Second, follow these steps,
Comments are loved and appreciated