Fruity Marshmallow Treats start with two kinds of crispy cereal that is mixed in a buttery marshmallow coating.
How was your weekend? I hope you had time to enjoy it. This weekend started my canning season for the year. I am starting with my Dilly Beans. Dilly Beans are basically pickled beans. A great way to preserve the green beans from the garden. My only problem, the green beans got a wrinkly and I have no idea why. Anyone out there know the answer or have a solution for this? Any answers or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Saturday night I sat at a Tiki Bar and enjoyed a sunset at the lake. It was so beautiful, if only I lived on a lake and could enjoy it every night.
My twist on Rice Krispie Treats is Fruity Marshmallow Treats. I love the fruit flavored cereal that is added in, it not only tastes good but it looks good as well.
Fruity Marshmallow Treats is the perfect recipe to make for a picnic, a family reunion, a bake sale, a kids (or adults) birthday party or school treat. These come together rather quickly because the marshmallow mixture is made in the microwave.
- 1 - 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- Cooking Spray
- 4 cups krispie rice cereal
- 2 cups fruity krispie rice cereal
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave. Spray a spatula with cooking spray and stir the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the cereal to the bowl and combine the cereal with the marshmallow mixture. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cut the treats and eat!