I know I mentioned in a previous post that I was making Creamed Corn for a Christmas Gathering with my family. As I promised, here is the recipe. Let me just say this, in the past when someone mentioned creamed corn all that came to mind is the canned kind. A mixture of mostly cream and not much corn, not very tasty in my opinion. Now I can say if you mention creamed corn, I definitely will think of the recipe, it is THAT GOOD, seriously, you need to make this recipe and you will see how DELICIOUS it is!
You combine butter, cream cheese and heavy cream to make a decadent sauce and then you stir in corn, roasted peppers and seasonings. Pour the creamy mixture into a baking dish and slip into the oven to heat through. Honestly, I could have eaten the dish without baking it, but it is better if you do bake it.
I did add cheddar cheese to the dish the last few minutes of baking, but this is totally optional. Once it’s baked sprinkled the dish with the bacon and you are ready to dig into this delicious side dish. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Closet Cooking.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, optional
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the cream cheese and cream, stir until combined.
- Add the corn and roasted peppers, stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a greased 2.5 quart baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, add the cheese (optional) and cook for another 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling. Add the crumbled bacon to the top of the dish and serve.
Comments are loved and appreciated