Swiss Chard Muffins are the perfect item to make ahead for morning breakfasts or a weekend brunch with family and friends.
Are you familiar with Swiss Chard? Swiss chard has big green leafs and bright colored stems that are usually yellow or red. It is similar to kale, but has a less dense leaf and has a high nutritional value like spinach.
I came up with this recipe last vegetable season. Swiss Chard shows up in our Vegetable Share box a couple of times through out the season and I like to come up with new ways to use it.
Swiss Chard Muffins are impressive looking when they come out of the oven. Once you eat one, you will want to eat another, they are delicious and addictive.
Happy Friday Everyone, have a great weekend!
- 4 cups swiss chard, stems removed, leaves sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, add the swiss chard and sauté until wilted about 3 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and baking powder. Mix well and add the cooked greens. Stir to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Divide the mixture between the muffin tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are set.